Monday, June 2, 2008

An Innocent Wave... An Unintentional Damage

Felt bad... Didn't know an innocent gesture on my part could cause damage and unhappiness between people....

It was a warm humid night last Friday. Mark and Sandy dropped me somewhere near their place after several games of "Dei Ju" at Clara's place. Standing by the curb, I waited patiently for a cab after bidding farewell to them. Can't wait to go home as I was pretty exhausted and it was not exactly a nice feeling of having droplets of perspiration trickling down my forehead.

Caught sight of 2 cabs coming towards my direction. Lifted my tired arm and waved at the 1st cab, trying to get the cabbie's attention. The next sequence of event was not what I had anticipated.

The 1st cab swerved towards my direction and stopped suddenly by the side of the curb. The 2nd cab could not stop in time and screeching of the brakes could be heard. In split seconds, the 2nd cab hit the back of the 1st with a bang.

I was standing by the curb in a state of shock. Stared blankly at the 2 cabs in front of me. Soon, both the cabbies came out from their vehicles and started arguing furiously, demanding each other to hold responsibility to the accident.

Managed to recover from my shock soon enough. Saw a 3rd cab coming my way. Calmly, I waved at the 3rd cab and soon I was seated comfortably, enjoying the cool air from the air-con of the 3rd cab.

Looking through the rear window, I could still see the 2 cabbies engaged in heated negotiation. Felt bad as I didnt know an innocent wave could actually cause damage and unpleasantness... All I wanted was to hire a cab to bring me home.....


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness, they never "over speed" and hit the curb where you were...else...hehehe...;)

Dunnoe who to blame...cabbies sometimes are too much...They think they are "King of the Road" like that....cehhh...;p

Anonymous said...

ya man... if reali hit mi u will c mi in the papers haha :P