Thursday, March 27, 2008

Fairytales



Fairytales : Do they exist?


I am sure everyone knows what a fairytale is. You would have read about it in books, watched or heard stories about it in movies or during children story-telling sessions. The question is : Do they actually exist in reality?

Personally, I am rather skeptical. I do not believe in them and feels that fairytales exist only in children storybooks. I am also jaded by the overused liner in fairytales that always go : "And they lived happily ever after". Loads of crap....

Why? Why do I not believe that fairytales exist? Well, very simple. That is because it never happened to me. Everytime I thought I found my own fairytale, it would turned out to be otherwise. So I have stopped believing in them.

A friend, Ricky, told me this : "well, if we work hard enough, do things we enjoy, have friends and family to hang out, it's enough of a fairy tale....". Oh ya, he probably said that as he thought that I might have reached eternal hell from my pessimism and that I might even slash my wrist. Haha.. Don't worry Ricky, I'm fine. Really. Just abit skeptical thats all. :)
To a certain extend, I agree with what Ricky had said. After all, simplicity brings happiness most of the time :)

So guys, the million dollar question. Do fairytales exist? You tell me.

3 comments:

KraM said...

Fairy tales do exist but only to the chosen few I guess.

A fairy tale can happen just by what you mentioned - simplicity.

For some, just having a romantic meal right on the highest floor of a 5 star hotel can be considered a fairy tale come true.

Frankly, if this is not what you want as a fairy tale, you can be considered one lucky chap who's 'been there, done that' but being greedy, you might want the fairy tale existence to be a BIG bang in your life. That's what greed is about.

Anyway, fairy tales are stories to warm the heart and provide hope to people who are less fortunate and I believe you are one fortunate person with family, friends and a job. Seriously, some unfortunate soul out there do not have these basic stuff.

So smile on ...

psychedelist said...

fuck the "once upon a time" and "and they lived happily ever after"!

we should create and join a group on facebook that says "fuck happily ever after".

KraM said...

hey boomy, will you create a group for such on facebook. 'fuck happily ever after ' . ; )