Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Far From The Maddening Crowd

Singapore is overcrowded... It seems that there is not much space for every individual... To prove my point, try throwing a stone out randomly and probably more than 1 person will be hit....

Do you realise that wherever you go, there are always people, people and more people. To make things worse, I happen to be the majority who work office hours. Everyday when i go to work, I will feel like I'm fighting a battle. A battle against fellow commuters. Fighting to get onto the MRT. Fighting to have a space, even to stand, on the train. Fighting to get onto the escalators. There are also occasions where I even need to fight to get into the lift!! Whoever dictates that office hours start at 8am ought to be hung!!

Erm... the ordeal is not over yet... Everytime, during lunch, you will see herds and herds of office life-forms jostling for seats at the eateries, food courts etc....When it is finally time to report off from work, the entire population in Sinagpore seems to report off at the same time with you and then what you have experienced in the morning will repeat itself......

That's not all.... as with all office staff, we have our off days on the weekends.... Gosh.... that means more jostling for people who wishes to step out of their house. Check out the horrendous situation in Orchard on weekends and you will know what I mean.

Singapore is overcrowded and I really mean severely overcrowed. God knows when a major stampede will happen in Singapore man.... Gosh I think I need to get away...far far away from the maddening crowd... in order to safeguard my sanity and to seek peace..... Phew~~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so characteristic of living in the cities. I think Singapore is already much better than in places like Tokyo or Hong Kong. I think that's part and parcel of urban living.

Which means sometimes being alone, away from the maddening crowd, having a quiet personal moment, is a more logical option to help us stay sane.

ee-lynn said...

i agree! the large part of why i hate singapore and miss my peaceful life back in aus is bcos of this as well.

sigh. and not to forget the auntie who jostles and pushes her damn way in the morning on the mrt.

take a chill pill la auntie.