Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Forbidden Kingdom


It was a mad rush for me yesterday. Mark came to fetch me and Sandy to Raffles Place to meet Clara and Beatrice for gym. Attended the 740pm Bodycombat class.... Practically ran to shower after my gym as I was supposed to meet my brother to catch a 920pm show, "The Forbidden Kingdom" at Vivocity!! Well, you can imagine how rush it was for me....However, come to think of it, it was worth the rush. Don't be mistaken that I was referring to how fantastic the show was (well in actual fact it was just mediocre) but the fact that it had been a long long time since my brother and I went out together. :)



The Forbidden Kingdom



From a philosophical viewpoint it is fitting that the inaugural movie unites the two martial arts legends Jackie Chan and Jet Li. However, I feel it is a fantasy film for young teenagers or rather, just another film out to cheat Ang Mos' $$..............Hey, imagine the deities speaking in English!!! OMG!!!! The worse part is.... the story of "Sun WuKong" was brutally distorted.....
On the hindsight, the movie did had its good points. The computer graphics were fantastic and the show featured several scenic places.
Erm... for those who intend to catch this show, I recommend that you watch this on a weekday as it is not worth the $$ to catch it on weekends. Lucky I did not have to pay for the movie as I had tickets to "The Forbidden kingdom" Gala Premiere hehe :p

No comments: