Tuesday, July 15, 2008

PGR 08

Attended the Presidential Garden Reception 08 (PGR08) at the Istana last Sunday.

President S R Nathan hosted the garden reception for personnel from the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF). This annual reception was held in recognition of the contributions and dedication made by MINDEF/SAF personnel to the defence of Singapore. Among those that were invited to the reception were top MINDEF/SAF officials, DSTA personnel, active servicemen who have performed well in their training or made significant contributions, and NSmen with outstanding performance during their in-camp training. Erm... does that explains why I was invited? (Hiak Hiak Hiak :p)

The PGR 08 was an eye-opener for me. Sooooo many "crabs" and big shots around. (Those peeps who are familar with SAF will know what I meant) Food was ok but the weather sucks... It was sooo hot and I really pitied the SAF Band as they were performing under the glaring sun without any shelter over their heads. Not forgetting that they had to wear the thick uniforms....

Oh talking about uniforms, I really heart my No.5T!! Sooo cool and I think I looked good in it wahhahaha. Airforce No.5T rocks!!!






.

No comments: