Friday, October 10, 2008

Good Fortune Coming?

Something strange happened....

Yesterday afternoon, as usual I went for my routine smoke break downstairs my office. (YES I SMOKE!! although I don't look like a smoker)

Deep in my thoughts and puffing my life away, I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder, which rudely disrupted my train of thoughts. I turned back, visibly irritated and what greeted me was a smile from an Indian man. I smile back warily.

Before I could say anything, the Indian man excitedly told me, "Young man, from the look on your face, I can tell you good fortune is coming your way". I was bewildered!! He pointed at the area between my eyebrows and added, "Very good, very good.. lucky.. good fortune" and he stuck out his thumb, presumably to emphasise his point.

At this point, I let my guard off a little and thanked him. He requested to view my palm and I obliged. After a brief examination of my palm, he said, "Young man, next year is a very good year for you but try not to smoke too much". With that, I thanked him once again and we parted.

Back in office, I kept thinking about the incident I had earlier on. Rationally, I knew I should just take the whole thing with a pinch of salt, but on the other hand, I was pretty happy with what the Indian man had said. Guess, I just a mere mortal, who tends to listen to nice stuff. Bleah

.

No comments: